Hockey is a great sports marketing vehicle that delivers one of the most passionate and loyal fan bases in sports. It is a regionally dominant sport with each market having about 20-25,000 die-hard fans.
Professional Hockey Sports Sponsorship and Mills Marketing & Communications:
An example of a professional hockey sports sponsorship would be the activation we negotiated with the Florida Panthers. Some elements of the Sponsorship include…
- TV visible dasher boards with exposure on the home team side and the visiting team side. These positions deliver your brand message to the fans in the arena, to the audience viewing the games on the regional television network and to national television audiences.
- Signage around the stadium that includes the player’s tunnel and in-stadium monitors.
- In-game features that are played on the Jumbotron.
Mills Marketing & Communications currently negotiates professional hockey sports sponsorship deals, with a variety of elements, with many teams and we maintain deep relationships across the leagues. These sponsorship programs include signage, local television, in-arena activation and social media components. We also sponsor in-game television segments and local pre-game and post-game shows.
One of the most important features for professional hockey sports sponsorship deals is the dasher board signage. Many of our negotiated sports sponsorship deals include the prime dasher board positions along the boards in the corners and behind the goals. These positions get the most TV air time.
Here at Mills Marketing & Communications we have the experience and relationships to put your brand in those high value positions. We provide unprecedented access to the leagues and we aggressively negotiate professional hockey sports sponsorship programs for our clients. Gaining access to these high profile positions at a fair price is key to delivering great brand exposure. We can help you navigate the sports sponsorship landscape and find a sponsorship that caters to your specific needs.
If you are looking for a sports marketing agency to work with or simply have questions about the industry we would love to talk with you. You can call us at (301) 208-9130 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is some additional professional hockey information…
- **53% of NHL fans earn over $75k per year
- **63% of NHL fans are between the ages of 18 and 54.
- *NHL.com receives 12 million unique visitors each month. ***“We’re growing season by season with record engagement, record attendance, record revenue. We think the digital space is responsible for that”- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, January 2015.
- *The NHL has 10 million social media friends and followers. ***“The ability to use digital platforms and connect with our fans more than ever before … has been vitally important to us.”- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, January 2015.
- *The 2012-2013 regular season produced 401 million television viewers.
- *Combining television and stadium audiences, there was an average of 512,000 viewers per game during the 2013-14 season.
*Data from NHL Sustainability report
**Data from The Atlantic
***Quotes from NHL.com